Spend the enjoying Western Australia’s great outdoors on this great day out from Perth.
Begin your adventure with a visit to Yanchep National Park, home to a colony of koalas. Continue on to Lancelin for some thrilling desert adventures. Explore the white sand dunes in an exciting 4WD and try your hand at sand boarding.
The highlight of the day is a visit to the Pinnacles Desert. Thousands of surreal limestone pillars rising mysteriously out of the stark yellow desert sands will hold you fascinated as you begin a walking tour.
As the day winds to an end, the Western Australian outdoors will have you yearning to come back and experience more!
11½ hoursStart time
Your hotel in Perth. (Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
Alternate Meeting Point: CROWN PERTH, Riverside Taxi Rank, Next to McDonald's. (Please report at 7:45am)
Your hotel in Perth
You will be picked up from your hotel in Perth at 8:00am to enjoy a fascinating day of spectacular natural contrasts.
The highlights of the day are:
• Visit the small town of Guildford – full of history and charm
• Travel through the Swan Valley where you will find colonial towns, crafts and Western Australia's first wine growing region.
• Visit Caversham Wildlife Park for an opportunity to see koalas close up. Grey kangaroos and black cockatoos are also a common sight at the park.
• Take a guided tour of a Lobster farm.
• Enjoy a picnic lunch at the coastal town of Cervantes.
• Continue to the Nambung National Park - home of the Pinnacles where will go dune bashing and have the opportunity to try your hand at sandboarding.
• Take an expert-led guided walk through the Pinnacles desert limestone pillars created by the forces of nature.
• On the way back to Perth take a break at the cray fishing port of Lancelin on the Indian Ocean. There will be time to take a short walk along the beach.
From here begin your return journey to Perth, you will reach Perth at approximately 7:30pm.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming the departure details.
Guests will need to select a central hotel as their preferred pick-up point or make their own way to Crown Perth, Riverside Taxi Rank, Next to McDonald's.
The new departure point at Crown Perth will provide extensive seating (indoors and out), restrooms, ATMs and food and beverage outlets open 24 hours.
Pinnacles tour was great overall. Driver Paddy was entertaining and helpful. Did a great job. I would rate this as one of the better tours I've taken. OTOH, the tour I took...Robert E Barker, United States, 15/Mar/2015
The tour was very well organized and the places we visited were beautiful. Recommended!...Anna Rozenblit, Australia, 21/Sep/2013